What is adjusted taxable income (ATI)?
ATI stands for adjusted taxable income. You will need to determine your ATI and possibly the ATI of your dependents, in order to determine if you qualify for a number of offsets and deductions.
ATI is made up of the sum of the following:
- taxable income
- adjusted fringe benefits
- tax-free pensions or benefits
- target foreign income (income from overseas not reported in your tax return)
- reportable super contributions (including both reportable employer superannuation contributions and deductible personal superannuation contributions)
- total net investment loss (including both net financial investment loss and net rental property loss)
- child support you’ve paid